Tuesday, December 03, 2019

Molar

I'm here to complain about my dentist. 

Last week I had a little twinge in the back of my mouth, so I thought I'd better take care of it. I booked an emergency visit to Dr. Frost, who is usually really hard to get an appointment with, so I was surprised to find there was one open right that afternoon. 

I went in on Tuesday, and he saw me right away and told me I had to get a molar out. "Fine," I thought. So he went into the next room and came back with two hygienists as assistance.

"Hey where's Ruth?" I asked. 
"Ruth left in May," he said. 
"I'm Sally Ann" said the one on the right. 

The one on the left didn't introduce herself. She didn't even have a name pin on.  

All this time, I was wondering where the other patients were. 

He gave me a shot and talked about golf for about five minutes because, as you know, last week was the PGA. He got out his tools and the unnamed hygienist held me down as he grabbed onto something inside my mouth. He pulled. It was not forthcoming. Ruth grabbed onto my head and held it back while Dr. Frost yanked away. I felt a loosening. He pulled some more and I saw the pliers come out of my mouth, but in its jaws was a small, beating bloody blob. 

It looked like a tadpole. It squirmed and wriggled and wrapped itself around the jaw of the pliers. Dr. Frost handed the pliers to the unnamed hygienist who actually had a jar ready for it. He took out a sprayer and rinsed out my mouth. 
"All done," he said.
"What about my molar?" I asked. 
"It's fine. This little guy", he shook the glass jar, "ate it."  
So, I'm wondering if this is legal, and what's going on in that office. Also, if this is covered by my dental insurance.

No comments: