Monday, December 28, 2020

If you have to ask that, I don't want to tell you.

Okay, three guesses, but first my drum is broken. Nurse!

Your drum is not broken.

It is, it's broken. Listen to that! You call that a bump? That's a  plump, a clump! I can't play a drum like this!
The drum is not broken. It sounds fine.
Wrong! I'm going to call over Sylvia. She knows.
Sylvia isn't here today and the drum is fine. 

Where's Sylvia?

Today's her day off, remember? She's in Atlanta.

What's in Atlanta? 

She went to pick up some peaches. 

That's not what she told me. She said there was somebody there. 

I don't know about that. I only know about the peaches. 

Suit yourself, but the drum is busted. I can't play this drum. 

You can, here. Listen. Give me that other stick.
What are you doing?
Here, listen to this paradiddle. 

Ba-da ba-da ba-da ba-da.

Do that again!
Ba-da ba-da ba-da ba-da. 
You must have fixed it. It sounds fine now.
I did not, it wasn't broken the first place.
Well, thanks for fixing it anyway! 

Don't mention it.

No comments: