Monday, December 28, 2020

Tencil pieces

 Tencil was a writing app that I was a beta tester for (2016-17 or so). I don't think it was ever released.

The stories tagged "Tencil" here were things I wrote for it. There was no way to actually export these stories for reposting, so I read them aloud and transcribed them. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/769855941/tencil-share-your-imagination?ref=discovery&term=tencil

It had a very simple idea: you pick or make up a starting sentence and then you got ten minutes to write something based on it. Then you got, I think, 100  characters worth of editing cleanup. After that, you'd tag it and put it in their repository of stories. There was a little comment & rating system.

My writing style is obviously aping Italo Calvino and James Tate and George Saunders. 


No comments: