Monday, December 28, 2020

We've done it this way for years. (battered fish)

You don't start with the sugar, you start with the eggs. Although you can mix the dry ingredients first, it really takes no time, and while you're doing it, you can get so distracted watching the oven, it gets pretty close to 270 degrees when you put the batter in and well, I'm getting ahead of myself.

My phone is ringing wait up. Yeah, uh-huh. Okay, you first. See you!


Where was I ? Cinnamon!  You have to scrape a little off the bark and crush it into the sugar. If you have a nutmeg, you also have to scrape it with a nutmeg grinder.


You can put these in last to taste.


Now with the egg white. Oh wait, I forgot  to tell you to separate the eggs and whip up the whites. With the whites, you make it kind of gooey batter adding cornstarch and sesame seeds, although you can use hemp or chia. Now you get the fish out of the fridge and batter it, and roll it in  the crushed corn flakes and a little of the spices and fill up the pan with it and pop it in the oven for 15 minutes.


Perhaps it's done now.  I don't know why it tastes like this -  we've done it this way this way for years.

No comments: