Monday, December 28, 2020

Yup! Uh-huhn! Ok! After you!

Yup! Uh-huhn! Ok! After you!

I go first, but I think my boot is too loose. I'll just sit here and tighten it for a few minutes. You just go ahead. Go. I'll catch up. Here's some snacks in your backpack in the phone service is working when you get around that curve. These boots were bad purchase. I thought by getting something a little more expensive they'd last longer and look better.

But here it is, April, and they're not broken in, and my old comfortable leaky boots seem better to me every day. I wonder if I can get them back from Branford - he was going to give him to his daughter.  The sky looks bad now, but I think I can fix this boot and catch up and get out of here by 4:30 or so. The view off the ridge is great today. It was like this two years ago before the big snow: the fog rolled in, the world disappeared, around the corner fog was just sitting in the valley.


I think I'm ready. Now, I don't want to slow us down anymore. I'll just deal with the discomfort. Not the best way to end the day, but I'll be fine later. Hey are you there? Wait up! I don't see you. Hey!

No comments: