Monday, December 28, 2020

The air in here seems strange.

I can't really breathe. The way toward the door is locked, and my feet don't want to move from where they were planted. In fact I don't even know if I have feet. Maybe I should take a look.  


But breathing is important. I think I learned that in school. It has something to do with the diaphragm: moving it in and out.


I think I remember an experiment.  I think there's a way to do this that is actually breathing.  


There seems to be a tube stuck in my arm. Maybe there's a way to breathe through this tube!
I see - it's not really turned on, it's not really connected to anything. Let's see what else is in the room.


I think I remember breathing.


There have been times when I have breathed. In fact, I actually had friends who knew how.  It's been a long time, but I think I remember having problems. For example, coughing. I think that's similar to sneezing. Nevertheless, coughing is something like breathing.  Coughing - yes - and laughing! Guffawing in fact! I remember someone mentioning "Laughing out loud."


I don't know what that means. Maybe you can laugh "in soft" also? What possibilities. 


 I'm starting to get uncomfortable. I guess it has to do with my not breathing. How long have I been holding my breath?


And when was the last time I could whistle? 


If I try hard, I bet I could stub my toe. Then, I would inhale violently, and that would be the start of breathing.


And then with the taste of air on my tongue, I could remember what it felt like to breathe, and then I wouldn't think the air in here was something strange.

No comments: